Friday, April 18, 2008

The world has changed! (during last quarter)

My boss kind of dragged me into 'brainstorming' room and told me just that: "The world has changed last quarter". It was the opening phrase for the explanation of the company's changes, but by that time my mind was already far away playing with the world change idea. I'm beginning to think that's true. From January lots of things changed, a lot:

1) Last year everything was about getting more Java EE guys, now they are twiddling their thumbs in the bench.
2) Most RFIs (aka RFPs) have something about UI, social networking and the like.
3) One of our first costumers, Mainframe based wanting to go J2EE, is now requesting UI services.
4) Basically a couple of billion dollars are backing a wave requesting _just_ UI and Integration services.
5) Last year I was a Senior J2EE Engineer, now I'm a Senior UI Engineer.

Not only my life was radically changed, the market is pushing really hard in a totally different direction than before, and it all happened in the last 4 months.

Many say that this is bubble 2.0, and I partially agree in most cases, I just hope that it has a better ending than bubble 1.

There is a lot more to discuss about it... maybe in another post -I need more beer-, and I'd really like to know what you think, what's your personal experience.

Cheers!

No comments: